Re: 740-Toronto

When CBL moved from 740 to 99.1 I was very disappointed (and as it turns out
I may have been in denial). The first AM preset on my car radio is still set
to 740. The other day I flipped to AM and there it was... "the Music of your
Life". Not exactly my 'cup of tea' but a good use of the space. I live about
30 miles from the tower so it is hard for me to notice any difference in
signal quality from the CBL days.

As an aside...
CBC's move to 99.1 has left those of us who live more than 40 miles west of
downtown Toronto with a second rate service. I believe that early testing of
99.1 disappointed a number of folks at CBC. If I recall correctly when they
flipped from stereo to mono the reception improved somewhat but still left
us with a temperamental signal.

To compensate for the inconsistent signal quality of 99.1 in the
Cambridge-Kitchener-Waterloo-Guelph area, CBC retransmits locally on 89.1.
The signal is only marginally better than 99.1. Oh well I guess that's
progress.