Re: Requiem For "Hub 66"?

  It is shame that Channel 66 wasn't able to last long
enough to make a dent in the Boston market.  The
Boston market is very dry, now that we don't have a
true Independent again.  I honestly felt that "Hub 66"
was going to be come a true sports and entertainment
powerhouse.  Face it, WSBK-TV (Channel 38) is only a
shell of its' former self. They're pretty lousy now.
They don't even produce their own Bruins games
anymore.
  Effectively, with "Hub 66" fading away,  there will
never be another "Indy" in the Boston market again.
No stations are available anymore. (No offense,
WNDS..... you do a nice job in covering Southern New
Hampshire). Forget Channel 48/WYDN, it is a
non-commercial/"educational" (yeah...right) license
barely covering Worcester.
  I still think that Boston could handle a true Indy.
I don't think Boston cannot handle a third or fourth
tier Spanish outlet.  In Boston, Channel 19/WCEA-LP
(soon to be on 58), Channel 27/WUNI in Worcester (Boy,
do I miss WSMW and WHLL) and Channel 46/WWDP (Norwell)
pretty much have sewn up the Hispanic TV market. All
are on the local cable system as well.
  But, in the 500 channel TV universe, the local Indy
is going by the way of the Edsel.  It's a shame, too.
IMHO, Boston once had the most entertaining and
diverse TV dials than any other US city...including
NYC, LA and Chicago.  Oh, well. C'est la vie.

-Pete

=====
Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts