Re: WRKO

Bob wrote :

> Any word who the local host will be in the morning
> slot? (Mike Goldman and Darlene McCarthy are on there
> right now, in the 9-noon slot.)

Darlene McCarthy and Tom Moroney are the names
that have been mentioned. They were actually auditioning
in Dr. Laura's midday slot during the prolonged election.
Moroney also contributes to the Greater Boston program on GBH2 and
writes a column for Framingham's MetroWest Daily News.
Someone told me that he had a weekly political show on
WKOX in the mid 90's but I don't recall...Anyway, they have
3 days to alert the Globe about the programming change and
make it into Thursday's radio column..:)

Yes, Dr. Laura was in the 7pm to Midnight slot but
very briefly -- two weeks in April 1996 -- temporary
glue between Chuck Adler and Two Yentas.(WRKO still aired Howie
and Rush reruns overnights back then).  When the Yentas
started the 7pm-10pm shift on 4/29/96, not-so-nice Dr. Laura settled
into 10pm slot vacated by Phyllis Levy where
she stayed till mid-January '97. When WRKO officially fired
Jerry from his 10pm-Noon show, former PD Kevin Straley
bumped Dr.Laura to 9-12pm  and much-traveled Jeff Katz
snuck into 10pm-2am beginning Jan.13th,1997. The following January,
Katz and McCarthy replaced Pat+Marj in the AM-drive....

-Mark