Re: Hot 97 blames Verizon for outages

I actually did a two day RPU link from the roof of the Pru to Hull years ago to
put WBZ back on the air when they had lost their phone lines to Hull. After
that they installed a RF STL as a back up. All of the stations in town that are
using T1's now for their studio transmitter links have RF back ups for the same
reason. The Data groups from Verizon don't treat radio any different than any
of their other customers unlike the service from Broadcast Services that radio
has been use to over the years for their analog lines. However even with analog
lines no station with a larger revenue stream would rely on one path to their
transmitters today.