WCRN seems more powerful...

WCRN-AM 830 in Leicesterlightbulb, MA seems to be
broadcasting with more power, but not 50KW yet.  On
my radio that displays relative signal strength, it's
higher than it used to be and is stronger that WVNE-AM
760 in the same town (i.e. COL; the transmitter is just
outside Podunk...honest). I would expect that a 50KW
outlet so nearby would appear stronger.  I have driven
around Methuen, MA and Salem, NH today and it comes in
very well.  It reminds me of WMEX-AM 1060 exactly one
year ago which had just powered up as J-LITE before
changing formats.  I'd bet more tweaking will be done
to the transmitter and then the station will be up for
sale.

Laurence Glavin
Methuen, MA

Get free personalized email at http://email.lycos.com