Re: WMEX gives us the biz

I sure am interested on finding out whether this is an
LMA or an LMA to buy. I can't imagine Barry Armstrong
being willing to commit the funds necessary to buy the
station outright. Depending on what's happened with AM
values since the WILD sale a couple of months ago, WMEX
with its CP for full-time ought to fetch at least $8
million and probably more. Perhaps the business format
is just a placeholder to contain costs while Langer
completes a deal with a well-healed buyer such as ABC
(for ESPN Radio) or Fox (for Fox Sports).

Of course, the Money Couple, who run a financial-
management firm (from which WMEX apparently sublets its
studio space) and do the WMEX AM-drive show, might have
decided to compete with Armstrong and his time-brokerage
deals with stations in eastern Mass, RI, and NH, and his
ownership of WBNW (which, we all know, has, thanks to
its superlative signal, a lock on the east-Acton market).

But a question that apparently has never occurred to
Armstrong and may never have occurred to Mr and Mrs
Bleidt (the Money Couple) is who, in his right mind,
would commit his finances to the control of (or even to
financial advice from) someone who would buy an AM
station at a market top in year 2000?