Re: Talk radio, Talk TV

KIEV is owned by Salem and is 100% brokered as far as I
know. My guess is that Salem would be unwilling to
broker time to anyone who does politically oriented talk
and who does not share Salem's ultra-right-wing views.
Remember, Salem's founders and principal shareholders,
Mssrs Epperson and Atsinger, are both alumni of Bob
Jones U. From the Republican primaries (when George W
Bush spoke there), you will recall the hornet's nest
over BJU's anti-Catholic bias. I'm not equating
Catholics with liberals--US Catholics are all over the
political spectrum. Some are very liberal; others are
very conservative; most are somewhere in between. But I
think Salem would apply some curious litmus tests to
anyone who wanted to broker time from them to do
political talk on one of their stations. Salem used to
syndicate Ollie North. For the moment, forget the
treason of which he was accused but never convicted.
North is, nevertheless, the same talk host who insisted
on referring to Hitler as _MR_ Hitler.