Re: even more format changes...

<<On Sat, 18 Nov 2000 11:41:54 -0500, SteveOrdinetz <steveord@wavewizard.com> said:

> But Modern Rock/Alternative radio was hardly mainstream in the 80s.

But that's hardly relevant; what matters most is the ``sound'', and
Talking Heads certainly fit there.  The Heads were incredibly
influential in the development of the 80's new-wave scene, and many
later bands owe a great deal to that sound.  (And remember that two of
the Heads also went on to create Tom Tom Club, which was influential
in the development of the dance music scene.)

Perhaps just as importantly, the Heads are core 80's artists for the
formats from which the new 80's stations hope to take their audience.

-GAWollman