Unusual request

I know this email group isn't the perfect place for this, but since most
of us work in the media I thought I'd pass it along and hope that it
doesn't upset too many people because it is probably outside the
envelope.

This was forwarded to me by my sister, the mother of a 3 year old with
SMA Type 2 (Spinal Muscular Atrophy) an incurable terminal disease.
Fortunately Spenser (my nephew) has already lived beyond doctors
expectations (life expectancy is 2 years) and appears to be progressing,
the kid has even made it to the medical journals!

Anyway, the group of parents with these kids are going to hold a
publicity stunt and they are appealing for help in getting the word to
the media.  The following is the email my sister sent me.

Dear Friends of Families of Spinal Muscular Atrophy,

Mark you calendars, call some friends! Call the media, make some noise!

Very soon, Families of SMA will be holding a very unusual fundraising
event!  On November 30 at 5:00am Audry Lewis and Tom Duffy will be lifted
to the top of the marquee which is home to the JVC Globe in TIMES SQUARE!

For 36 hours, they will stand, sit, jiggle and jump up and down and do
whatever it takes to bring awareness and funds for SMA!

Your help is needed to support their efforts.  Ask friends, business
associates and local businesses to sponsor them per hour.  Make phone
calls to your local media (or even national media!)

They will be lifted down on Friday, December 1 at 5:00pm.

To find out more about this event, please see our web site:
http://www.fsma.org we have downloadable pledge forms and instructions
available there, so all of you can take part in this event.

Thanks for your support into the drive to find a cure for SMA!.  Don't
forget to watch for news for coverage!

Bettylou Ross
FSMA web site coordinator.

If you are interested in talking with my sister or anyone else from the
Families of Spinal Muscular Atrophy just contact me and I'll put you in
touch.

Again, I apologize for using this email list to reach all of you but I
really don't want to see my nephew die before his time.

Dave Faneuf

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.