Re: Radio Disney (Was Re: well it's the thought that counts)

Mark Lemay wrote some great and accurate things about Radio Disney.  wonder
if there's a conspiracy/coincidence with the email address "mmkc" (mickey
mouse klub club???) ;-)
    i'm also the parent of kids.  3 of 'em.  the 16 year can now jump in the
car and drive and listen to whatever she wants.  usually, so long as it
starts with "N" and ends with "Sync", (pronounced "Niz-nick"?), she's happy.
but i cringe when i try to let the other two listen to the CHR stations up
here in Maine in the morning on the way to school.  out of a Britney or
"Niznick" tune comes the morning topic of the day:  multiple orgasms... real
or myth.   seriously.  it's gotten to the point where our children are
exposed to things that reach beyond that which they should be expected to
worry about at 12 or 7 or younger.  (church pulpit topics have even crossed
the line, but that's for the "Priest-Almost-Blushing-dot-org" newsgroup).
    i wish Radio Disney had an outlet up here in the great frozen tundra
region of America.  yes, we are a "Disney" household.  my wife and i bought
into the "Mouse" long ago and are in no hurry to rush to a 12 step program.
so what if Radio Disney works in more than a few "Disney" mentions per
second.  it's their product.  and it doesn't leave your 7 year old asking why
the morning radio lady is calling some guy a "scumbag"...and what is a
scumbag, daddy? while "Niznick's" new song starts up.  of late, it's been
easy to sing along with "Bye Bye Bye" while i push the button to something
wholesome.  like Imus.

- -Chuck Igo