Re: WBTN (AM) stunting for new format

At 09:49 PM 11/7/00 EST, Jason Bereza wrote:

>As for today (11/7), WBTN (AM) Bennington has broken its Vermont Public
>Radio simulcast with the FM and is now running a loop that "live and local
>programming is coming soon." Anybody care to guess what could be coming
>there?

I doubt that a graveyard-channel AM in a market as small as Bennington is
likely to go "live and local".  Maybe a live AM drive (such as drive time
is in a city that small...other than getting thru the traffic light @
junction of Rts 7 & 9) but satellite/hard drive fare is more likely.  As
for format--I'm not familiar enough with what (if any) holes exist.   Does
VPR own WBTN or are they LMAing?