marathon election coverage

Some races and ballot questions were settled early but
the presidential election didn't really get called
until nearly 2:30 am. Many people went to bed without
knowing who had won, but for those who stayed up
(some, like me, work a late shift) there was
continuing coverage on radio and broadcast and cable
TV.

As I type this the concession and victory speeches
have yet to be made, and Mo Lauzier is about to start
his ninth consecutive hour (since 7 pm Tue) on
WRKO. The likes of Brokaw, Rather, Shaw, and others
also have done marathon campaign coverage tonight.
No matter whether you liked the outcome or not,
you have to admit that this night was a loooooong
one and the outcome was still in doubt into the
wee hours.