Re: FW: Request about Web Site Feedback / Comments, WBZ

This rang a bell, but not as a contest (1962-1964 is shortly before my
time) but as a vocal exercise that I've heard used in improv & theater
circles during workshops, show warmups, etc. At the time, I vaguely
remember being told it came originally from Jerry Lewis.

So putting internet skills to work I found this:

http://www.jerrylewiscomedy.com/announcer.htm

Apparently Jerry didn't create it, he just made it well-known. And
according to the page on the Jerry Lewis site, it's (drumroll) a test
originally given to prospective radio announcers to read cold, to see if
they could do it.

-TC Cheever
http://www.improvboston.com/musical