Re: Steve Allen has died

> He once interrupted the music to announce:
>
> "Sports fans, I have the final score on the big
> game between Harvard and William & Mary.  It is
> Harvard 14, William 12 and Mary 6"

> Roger Kirk

As I chime in, again, on Steve Allen, I am curious just how much
credit the history books will give him for making "funny" by joining
the inventions of Marconi and Bell.  And you have to give credit to
the courage it must have taken for him to part ways with concepts when
he was on top versus the back nine to the dog track.

Bill O'Neill