Re: AM 830 Preparing to Go 50kw?

In reference to Laurencefrommethuen's suggestion that WEEI should
consider buying 830:

Way back in the dark ages of Boston AM (1994?), when I was a drone
at WBZ and Westinghouse still owned the place, and the Group W
management was contemplating buying WEEI, which was then on 590, I
suggested that the company look at 830, which was then an unbuilt
CP.  The idea would have been to build out 830, trade it to WTAG
(then owned by Knight Quality Group, of course), take 580 dark and
thus give 590 room to improve its signal.

I don't think that suggestion was ever given much of a serious hearing,
of course, and the point became moot when Group W didn't buy 590,
ARS did, and the big toilet-flushin' WHDH-WEEI-WBNW move came about
a few months later.

I still maintain that 830, especially with the power upgrade, is a
superior Worcester signal to 580.

-s