[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: CONtrol of ELectronic RADiation

On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, Shawn Mamros wrote:

> A & B batteries?  So they didn't skip over those two letters, after all! :-)

In a tube amplifier circuit, the battery that supplies the grid bias
voltage is called the 'A' battery, and the battery that supplies the
voltage on the plate of the tube is called the 'B' battery. 

The term 'B+' is still used for plate or collector voltage today.

Rob Landry