Re: ratings

Well, Boston has _two_ full-time 50 kW AM sports
stations. Funny how few people think of WNRB. I guess
that even fewer people listen, but it IS there and in my
opinion, at least one of the hosts, "Papa" Joe Chevalier
(3:00 PM to 7:00 PM), is _quite_ good.

As for NOS, WESX and WJDA also carry quite a bit of it,
as does WCCM. At night, WXKS (AM), WESX, WJDA, and WCCM,
taken together, don't cover the whole market, but
generally, if you can get WXKS (AM) after sunset, you
can get _both_ WESX and WJDA, so there are parts of the
market where you have several choices for NOS. And
although I wouldn't call WPLM-FM's format NOS (I call it
AC), some people _do_ call it NOS.

And now that WBOQ has changed its music policy, quite a
bit of what I hear there is definitely what I'd call EZ.
A lot of the time, WBOQ is more like WPAT or WBOS in
their EZ heydays than the current WJIB ever was. In
fact, WBOQ may be more like the old WJIB (FM) than the
current WJIB ever was.