Re: TV guide (was VT Markets...)

On 12 Oct 2000,  Larry Weil wrote:

> I don't know how much of this is caused by the lead time involved.
> I don't know if the stations still mail their schedules to TV Guide
> and to the services that supply the newspapers, and then follow up
> with mailings of any changes.  But, in the case of TV Guide, all the
> different editions have to be printed up in time for subscription
> copies to be mailed in time to reach the subscribers before the week
> of the edition, one delay the newspaper TV supplements do not have.

When I had a subscription to TV Guide, it usually came later than the
newsstand issues came out, and it occasionally didn't arrive before the
start of the week.

One thing that can make TV Guide seem inaccurate is that networks
sometimes cancel shows on very short notice.  For example, a month or two,
Fox cancelled "Opposite Sex" after it had already aired a preview of the
next episode.  It was listed in the next two issues of TV Guide, even
though it was cancelled.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                        617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                     lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/