Re: City seeks tapes of Parkin interview about Police Department

On Fri, 6 Oct 2000 14:29:48 -0400 "Dan C." <dwcole@mediaone.net> writes:

> I don't know.  If we are a division then where's my badge?

	Check with David Mugar, I think he used to run around Boston with

  The finished products are always saved
> and
> sound bites are morgued.  The only exception would be a major event
> or ongoing issue.  Something along those lines.  It was much easier
> when everything was cassette or you had a big reel devoted to
> keeping
> daily sound.

	After my run-in with a subpoena I made sure that hard copy of newscasts
	were kept for only 30 days, and tapes of actual broadcasts (morning
show,
	newscasts etc) are archived for no more than a month then recycled.  As
for
	turning over material I am happy to do it, as long as it is what was
broadcast
	and the party looking for it gets a subpoena.   I know Oldies 103 used
to save
	the tapes of all broadcasts for 2 years and back up newscasts onto disc
and 	save them for about a year. I don't know what they do now that they
	are on Soldiers Field Rd.

df

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.