Re: WCAP

On Sun, 01 Oct 2000 10:13:15 EDT Sptseditor@aol.com writes:
> Sven writes:
> >Of course, I don't know the economic state at WCAP and >what the
>snip<
 If they only paid people $3
> an hour more, they might be able to get more talented people to stay
> in a position longer, thus eliminating redundant training, etc.
> Sometimes businesspersons don't factor in long-term costs,
> especially when it comes to (mostly) part-time employees.
> -Sean

Actually I am personally aware of a station here in Mass that paid
substantially more than the amount you are suggesting and they still
couldn't get reliable board ops that would show up for their shifts,
they ended up going to computer automation because of it.  There are
stations that automate to cut costs but more and more independent AM's
are doing it for survival.

df
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.