Re: WHDH drops playoffs

>  >
>Even though NBC will broadcast the AL playoffs, I'm sure they will be
>taking the pool feed into master control and could distribute it from
>there to channel 68.  After all, if they don't at least take the pool
>feed into the network where would Tom B get those nifty sound bites from?

Maybe they'll take it into ENG (Electronic News Gathering), but this
would have nothing to do with Master Control.  Master at Channel 7 is
concerned with the on-air program only, all news feeds go through
ENG, program feeds are recorded in VTR (Video Tape Room).

I know that in some smaller stations these functions are combined,
but in the big city they are clearly separate functions.

Larry Weil
WHDH-TV Master Control and
(you know where), NH