Re: WHDH faces big debate: Bush-Gore or baseball?

Not sure about this, but I think Ch. 5 once thought
the Boston busing situation was so sensitive (back
in the 70s) that they refused to carry a new ABC
sitcom, leaving Ch. 38 to run it on Saturday nights.

This controversial series? "Welcome Back, Kotter".
"Hey, Mr. Kot-tare!"...As far as I know, that show
never did any episodes as controversial as "Maude"'s
abortion episode or Edith getting raped in "All in
the Family"....Again, I thought I remember
Ch. 5's reason for doing so was related to the
busing situation.