Re: WHDH faces big debate: Bush-Gore or baseball?

"A. Joseph Ross" <lawyer@world.std.com> wrote:

> This seems to be a change from just a few years ago, when we had an
annoying number of local pre-emptions of network programming.  You'd go
looking for your favorite program and suddenly find that it wasn't being
carried in Boston.  What brought about the change? <

I'd say the balance of power has shifted in favor of the networks, who are
driving a harder bargain with affiliates in light of higher sports rights fees,
to name but one factor.  Billy Graham appears to be a special case (a little
divine intervention, perhaps? :)

Take care,
Chris