Re: Would they print it if it weren't true?

In a message dated 9/23/00 7:39:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Chuckigo writes:

<< According to today's Portland Press Herald, the switch is on. >>

It certainly looks like I was wrong.  If it was a stunt and they were working
the newspaper, I would think they would mention all the calls and complaints
they were getting from listeners.  It's still weird that they let the morning
man go on about the format change like he did.  Saying good-bye is one thing,
but letting talent knock the change for a whole show is weird.

I'm a sports fan too, but I think Maine radio is now over saturated with
sports.  Most of the area covered by 95.5 can pick up 96.7, which is part of
the 93.5/96.7/97.5/107.9 "the Score" simulcast.  The Red Sox are also on
102.5 out of Camden which has a very strong signal along the Coast.  In the
car, you can even listen to 102.5 in Portland.  In the Lewiston/Auburn area,
you have 92.7 WOXO Norway which carries the Sox and Celtics.  Plus, the
existing 1440/900 simulcast has great coverage of southern Maine during the
day and covers Portland to Brunswick OK at night.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine