a call from the past

Those checking Clea Simon's column in today's Globe for the little call
letter or frequency errors known to haunt the broadsheet were looking in
the wrong place.  The front-page story about Walden Pond notes (near the
end of the article, on page A13) that a Mr. Christi George has been
coming to the pond for 66 years and "his radio is tuned, as always, to
easy listening on WHDH."  Wow!  It seems Mr. George has a magic radio
that pulls in signals from the past.  I want one of those!!!  Wait...I
don't remember WHDH as easy listening (although I remember WHDH-FM being
such).  Maybe the gentleman is pulling in signals from the future, in
which case I would pay a lot more attention to the stock market reports
than I do now.