Re: a call from the past

I want one of those radios too!

(As a side note, the reporter on the story says that's what the man told
him he was listening to. The reporter had/has no idea WHDH radio did
not/does not exist).

--Scott--

On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, David W. Harris wrote:

> Those checking Clea Simon's column in today's Globe for the little call
> letter or frequency errors known to haunt the broadsheet were looking in
> the wrong place.  The front-page story about Walden Pond notes (near the
> end of the article, on page A13) that a Mr. Christi George has been
> coming to the pond for 66 years and "his radio is tuned, as always, to
> easy listening on WHDH."  Wow!  It seems Mr. George has a magic radio
> that pulls in signals from the past.  I want one of those!!!  Wait...I
> don't remember WHDH as easy listening (although I remember WHDH-FM being
> such).  Maybe the gentleman is pulling in signals from the future, in
> which case I would pay a lot more attention to the stock market reports
> than I do now.

Scott J. Saloway
Assistant Producer/On-Air Promotions and Fundraising
WBUR Radio, Boston
saloway@bu.edu
I do not represent Boston University or any other entity.
My opinions are mine and mine alone.