Re: WTHT morning crew gets the axe

Dan wrote:
<<WMTW's owners have traditionally run the station on the cheap and
been content with being a distant third in the market>>

Actually, Dan, the ownership at WMTW are committed to making a very good go
of it in Portland, as evidenced by their "squiring" of John Doherty back home
and their addition, full time, of some very talented broadcast journalists,
including Dick Gosselin (who by the way, is my neighbor and is a true
"believer"!  he's flying his Red Sox flag, and has been doing so for the past
few days!!!).  they also are still very much proceeding with their plans to
consolidate their entire Portland operations in one location (downtown...)
    i am surprised with the way the "departure" of Bob Anderson and Deb
Delaney was handled.  (suffice it to say that they "discovered" they were
being terminated as opposed to being told.  no, i will not elaborate
further.)  i am curious, though, as to whether or not the deletion of Frank
Fixaris from the WTHT morning team in any way affects the great rapport he's
built with Bud Sawyer on the same ownership's WLAM (am 870).  i guess we'll
find out in the morning.
  it will be interesting to see how this "move" plays out for WTHT.  my hunch
is that it's not gonna be good.  Country listeners are loyal, and they do not
react well when "one of their own" gets the short end of the stick.

- -Chuck Igo