Re: Gay-rights backers don't want 'Dr. Laura' on TV

I certainly remember the flap over "Last Temptation of
Christ". Here are some other movies and TV shows
(etc.) that (may have) benefitted from boycotts:

--"Married With Children" (a preacher warned about the
evils of the show. It became a big hit anyway--wonder
if the publicity spurred people to check out the
show?)

--South Park ("our parents says it's bad
for us--let's watch!". Rebellion among the kiddies...
although the show is starting to lose some steam
now.)

--Pepsi, which pulled their ads featuring Madonna's
"Like A Prayer". As far as I know, sales didn't go
down and may have gone up. "There's no such thing as
bad publicity"..."Say what you want about me,
just spell my name right".

--Howard Stern (those FCC fines are a drop in the
bucket compared to ad revenues)