Re: the language watch continues

On 6 Sep 2000,  Dave Faneuf wrote:

> I was wondering who would take the bait.  I found it interesting that the
> "gotcha" questioning was covered extensivley when GWB lost his cool during
> the answer, but the next week AH asked the very same questions of Bill
> Bradley, Bradley handled the question properly,  he said (to
> parapharase)... I don't know, next question....  Bradley didn't lose his
> cool.

Somehow this reminds me of a news story a few years ago in which someone,
I think Rolling Stone magazine, got in touch with various Congressmen or
their offices and asked them a question about U.S. policy towards
Freedonia.  They got various different sorts of fudge answers, but no one
admitted that they didn't know where Freedonia was.  And none of them
actually knew that Freedonia was the fictitious country headed by Groucho
in the Marx Brothers movie "Duck Soup."

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                        617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                     lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/