Re: the language watch continues

On Tue, 5 Sep 2000 21:06:22 EDT Dib9@aol.com writes:
> In a message dated 9/5/00 7:54:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> tklaundry@juno.com writes:
>
> << I suppose that under the asshole category would be Andy Hiller
> and his
>  questioning of GWB on world leaders? >>
>
> Yes.  He was playing gotcha and was not really getting news or
> advancing
> public discussion.
>
> -- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

I was wondering who would take the bait.  I found it interesting that the
"gotcha" questioning was covered extensivley when GWB lost his cool
during the answer, but the next week AH asked the very same questions of
Bill Bradley, Bradley handled the question properly,  he said (to
parapharase)... I don't know, next question....  Bradley didn't lose his
cool.   That never made it beyone the airwaves of channel 7 where AH
works (at least I think it's channel 7).   When I reported the GWB story
the anger and reaction was the focus of my interest, not the fact the GWB
didn't know, but the fact that he lost his cool and got angry I think
speaks volumes, at least to me.

df