Re: the language watch continues

"A. Joseph Ross" wrote:

> > Marc "I've been called much worse" Lemay
>
> That reminds me of a story I heard on A&E's biography of Pierre Trudeau.
> It seems that on the White House tapes, Nixon was heard to refer to "That
> asshole Trudeau."  Trudeau's response was, "I've been called worse things
> by better people."

A clip of an aircheck with that exact newscast exists on the CKLW Big 8 Webpage.
For the record, the Newsman used that exact word over the air. CKLW news had
been known back in the Top 40 format heyday to sensationalize their newscasts,
and they certainly seized the opportunity President Nixon gave them...

Ron Gitschier