Re: the language watch continues

On 5 Sep 2000,  Scott Saloway wrote:

> But it's not just the adrenaline rush or the extra pay - it's the thought
> that someone's actually paying you to do what you'd happily do for free.
> These are usually the ones who stay with it the longest.

I've occasionally known people who have made that comment about their
work.  A longtime science fiction writer, editor, and speaker of my
acquaintance has said that of his work.  I know that Isaac Asimov loved
his work.  They are truly the happiest and luckiest people.

Or, as George Burns put it, "It's very important, when you get up in the
morning, to love what you're going to do that day.  I never could make any
money in bed.  And I always envied my sister Goldie, because she could."

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                        617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                     lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/