Re: the language watch continues

At 12:03 AM 9/5/00 -0400, Dib9@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 9/4/00 11:33:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>dlh@donnahalper.com writes:
>
><< So without getting into politics, as you know, Gov. Bush referred to a New
>  York Times reporter a "major league bastard"--  >>
>
>I thought the word was "asshole."

In a strange sort of way, I think the time has come for this country to
have a leader that's not afraid to call someone an "asshole".  We've spent
too much time internationally kissing the butts of every third world
country.  I would start with the UN and while we're at it, serve them an
eviction notice for back rent...

Wouldn't it be great to see on the 6PM news today...

"In international news today, President Bush/Gore (take your pick) called
Saddam Hussein an asshole and told him to stop screwing around or we'll
send his ass back into the stone age..."

Now that's how to get the Gen-Xers back into watching the news!

As long as we're on the subject of profanity on the air, what about what
the rap stations play as music?  Vulgarity, lyrics glorifying rape, cop
killing, attacking white people, etc.  Is this a double standard?

Brian

Brian T. Vita, President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.
75 Walnut St.
Peabody, MA  01960-5626 USA
Sales:  (800)231-8849/Sales Fax:  (800)329-2775
Business Office: +1-978-538-7575/Business Fax:  +1-978-538-7550
Visit us on the web at "www.cssinc.com"