Car radios (was Re: WGTR was WMEX to end all-local talk)

At 09:35 PM 8/22/00 -0400, Sven Franklyn Weil wrote:
>I wonder how many accidents have happened bcause of people trying to tune
>in these fiddly button-infested car-radios.  The conventional dial-tuned
>radios (with cassette player, unfortunately) are still around, although
>quality leaves a lot to be desired.

Actually, factory radios are much better in this regard than aftermarket
ones.  Like software and most other consumer items, car radios have
succomed to feature bloat (does anyone really need 20 FM and 10 AM
presets?).  A zillion mini-buttons are not especially user-friendly to
those of us with large hands, I especially find lack of a volume control
pot annoying.  I personally don't consider lack of CD player a
disadvantage--frankly would rather have cassettes in the car anyway.

>  Can you get old car radios from
>junkyards?

You sure can.