Re: Car radios (was Re: WGTR was WMEX to end all-local talk)

On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, SteveOrdinetz wrote:

> ones.  Like software and most other consumer items, car radios have
> succomed to feature bloat (does anyone really need 20 FM and 10 AM
> presets?).  A zillion mini-buttons are not especially user-friendly to
> those of us with large hands, I especially find lack of a volume control
> pot annoying.

	Not to mention dangerous.  I thought ergonomics was de-rigeur
these days.  Some of these car radios I see for sale can hardly qualify as
ergonomic.

I guess manufacturers pack so many (usually useless) features to keep
prices high.  I mean...who needs a pocket radio/cassette stereo that plays
number games or has a remote control?

Had an Aiwa walk-about radio that did that (played a sort of slot-machine
type game where you scored by getting all 7s or something).  Nice shiny
box.  The tuner, however, was a piece of crap.
--
Sven F. Weil
email: sven@chookus.com