Re: WGTR was WMEX to end all-local talk

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> (I have this problem in my car, which has a Ford factory job -- it
> requires a bit of an operation to tune a weak station, and I suspect
> many of the drooling masses never figure it out.)

Ever have the radio tune in the adjacent frequency to the one you're
trying to receive?  For example you're trying to get 1030 and you get 1040
instead, or 106.7 and you get 106.5, 106.6 or 106.9 instead.  It happens
on rare occasions on my mom's Ford radio.

I wonder how many accidents have happened bcause of people trying to tune
in these fiddly button-infested car-radios.  The conventional dial-tuned
radios (with cassette player, unfortunately) are still around, although
quality leaves a lot to be desired.  Can you get old car radios from
junkyards?

--
Sven F. Weil
email: sven@chookus.com