Re: WMEX to end all-local talk

While the economics of current radio production leads owners to do
syndication, I have found the local "has-beens" you mentioned on WMEX (and
that of the FM talker, too) are a breath of fresh air compared to WRKO's talk
formats in Boston.

You may not like what Clapprood and Burns are doing over there but it is
intelligent, thought-provoking and frankly, interesting. It is a lot better
than having to listen to Limboob talk about himself for three hours and have
Dr. Blowhard B*tchinger talk down to ever miscreant in the nation!

Even Howie Carr, who I am a huge fan of, is getting tired with all that TV
and "When was the last time..." talk he often does now. And then, in the 6pm
hour, when Carr is supposed to do local, it ends up being about the mob or
something. Jeesh.

In a message dated 8/21/00 10:26:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time,