No Subject

*On to MASSACHUSETTS, then, where we hear Tom Joyner's national
morning show is coming to WILD (1090 Boston) as part of a national
deal between Joyner's syndicator, ABC, and Radio One (which operates
WILD under an LMA).  The Joyner show starts on WILD August 28.

There's a new senior manager coming to Entercom's Boston FMs.  Julie
Kahn arrives at 116 Huntington Ave. from San Francisco, where she was
VP/director of sales at Susquehanna's KNBR/KFOG/KSAN/KTCT cluster.
Kahn will oversee WAAF (107.3 Worcester) and WQSX (93.7 Lawrence).
Speaking of Entercom, it's bringing back an old set of calls at its
Worcester AM property.  WWTM (1440) is ditching what's left of its
local programming to return to the WVEI calls it used when it first
began simulcasting Boston's WEEI, back when the latter station was
still on 590.

*In NEW HAMPSHIRE, All Access reports Clear Channel is eliminating the
assistant PD/music director/PM drive position at WERZ (107.1 Exeter),
throwing Jay Michaels out of a job.

*The promotion folks at RHODE ISLAND's WPRO (630 Providence) are
probably hoping we'll mention that "Survivor" Richard Hatch will be
filling in for Steve Kass on afternoon drive next week, but we're too
smart to fall for...oops!

*Just over the state line in PENNSYLVANIA, we note the end of a very
long era in Erie.  After more than four decades as general manager of
WJET (originally on 1570, then 1400, and now 102.3), Myron Jones has
handed over the keys as control of the station (along with WFGO 94.7)
passes to new owner Nextmedia.  Erie market veteran Rick Rambaldo adds
WJET and WFGO to his GM responsibilities at WRKT (100.9 North East)
and WRTS (103.7 Erie).  Our hat is off to Jones for what has to be one
of the longest runs of a hit radio station in the industry...

*The Boston Radio Archives/NERW Northeast TV Stock Index, as of
market close August 18: 107.21.

*And that's where we'll leave it for this week, as we attempt to get
this NERW to you by Monday morning.  We'll have a full rundown of our
journeys to Ottawa, New York's north country, Philadelphia, and
Atlantic City sometime later in the week, and of course another full
week's news next weekend.  See you then!

---------------------NorthEast Radio Watch------------------------
                     (c)2000 Scott Fybush

No redistribution permitted for commercial use, or for
noncommercial use without prior written permission.

NorthEast Radio Watch is published each weekend and
distributed immediately to the NERW and Boston Radio
Interest mailing lists.

To be added to the NERW mailing list, send e-mail to
<nerw-request@bostonradio.org> with the word "subscribe"
as the body of the message.  You will receive a confirmation
code to return by e-mail to begin your free subscription.
Please direct any questions about the list process to
<nerw-owner@bostonradio.org>; subscription requests and
questions sent directly to NERW cannot be acted on.

NERW is archived at the Boston Radio Archives,
<http://www.bostonradio.org/radio/bostonradio.html> and
is generally made available there about a week after
publication.

Opinions expressed in NERW are solely those of the author
and not necessarily those of MIT, LCS, or Time Warner.

NERW welcomes your news and contributions at
<nerw@bostonradio.org>.