Re: Big D 103

I, too, was in my car this past weekend, enjoying the Big D anniversary
while in range going to and from Saratoga.

On Friday morning, the morning team of Mike Stevens and Beth Bradley was
joined in the studio by GM Wayne Mulligan, who told a bunch of stories.
Then Charlie Parker's son phoned in with recollections of his dad and
some of the legendary DRC jocks, especially Ron Landry (who was a big
part of my childhood as a WBZ listener). There was also a phoner with a
woman whose name I didn't catch, but she had been Charlie Parker's
secretary.

Saturday evening, Glenn O'Brien was on with more nostalgia, including a
terrific montage of jingles, liners and promos around 6 o'clock.

The things that struck me, as a listener with no connection to the
business, about all the interviews and prerecorded bits over the past
week is the sense of history this station has and the genuine affection
its old personalities still have for it. It seems the Buckley family has
done right by 'DRC over the years and deserves thanks for maintaining a
link to the Big D legacy.

Howard