Re: Verizon coverage and sponsorships (a clarification)

In a message dated 08/19/2000 12:46:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tklaundry@juno.com writes:

<< How many
    "music" stations covered the Concorde or JFK Jr. plane crash outside of
    regularly scheduled MORNING newscasts? >>

just to clarify my "rant", my "caps" declaration of that which "I DID..." was
in regards to the JFK Jr. crash. (the saturday morning when the story broke).
 i also called our WROR news director at the time, Judi Papparelli, and
brought her up to speed.  she then took over, calling in the details as she
was able to obtain them, giving us, a lowly-scum-sucking-non-important music
station, a live, presence.
  the Concorde crash occured on a weekday morning, so that kind of made your
reference moot.
   i did, however, also report the crash of the car carrying Diana, Princess
of Wales, on a Saturday night on a "music" station. (WBCS, Boston... The
All-Request Saturday Night).  again, just a "jock" who checks the wire.  and
the tv.  and, thanks to portable computers and the internet, some note-worthy
news organizations of repute... (Reuters, AP, UPI, Acme...)
     again... not all music stations are evil.  some of us (redrum) actually
do pay attention to (redrum) what's going on.   and some of us (redrum) are
kind of cute.  (oops, there's that dang subliminal evil influence sneaking in
again... just don't play this backwards on your cd burner.)

- -Chuck Igo