Re: Verizon coverage and sponsorships

On Fri, 18 Aug 2000 12:40:35 -0400 Larry Weil <kc1ih@mediaone.net>
writes:
> At 11:22 AM -0400 8/18/00, Chuckigo@aol.com wrote:
> >
> >    i know that in radio, as an example, if there is a plane crash,
> the
> >announcer/producer/anchor usually makes sure the airline spots, if
> any are
> >logged, are removed from the news spot-slots
>
> The announcer/producer/anchor making decisions about commercials?
> That's the job of the traffic department, we in master control get
> our instructions from them.  If someone in news wants a commercial
> killed or moved, they have to go through traffic.
>
> The airline commercials are usually killed by the airlines (through
> their ad agencies) themselves, the station would still be under
> contract to air them otherwise.
> --
> Larry Weil
> Lake Wobegone, NH

    Larry's right, when I was in the situation were an airliner went down
I notified traffic and they got in touch with the agency to decide
whether to pull the spots, generally they did however, they didn't
normally pull spots for airlines if the plane that went down was private
or military, but I always notified traffic who let the agency make the
call.

df

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.