Re: Censorship at WTKK

In the early 1990s, when I was the producer of "Kroah & Crocker", the morning
talk show on WGAN , we got upset because the Portland Press Herald would
regularly quote comments from the show but would almost always leave out the
call letters and just refer to "a local radio station."  In response, Jim
Crocker decided that we should never mention the Press Herald on the air and
instead would refer to it as "the local daily newspaper."  That was later
shortened to "the ldn."  After a while, it became an inside joke and I'm sure
most listeners did not know what he was referring to when he referred to "the
ldn."

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine