Re: Censorship at WTKK

That was me--it's on a tape I have of Brudnoy with
guest (trivia expert) Morgan White, Jr.--sometime
in the early 90s. Maybe he can't say "a station
beginning with W and ending with 'RKO" anymore.

Speaking of David, I was at the Seashore Trolley
Museum in Maine on Friday and one of the old subway
cars on display had an ad for WRKO, mid-80s, which
said "BACK..TO BACK...Jerry Williams 2-6 pm, David
Brudnoy 6-10 pm The Talk Station AM 680 WRKO". Jerry
had a moustache! Other cars on display had ads for
the Bruins on TV 38 with Don Earle--and their old
logo...and The Rockford Files, weeknights at 7 on
"WXNE-TV 25".

Oh, and there was the ad reading "Beautiful Music for
YOU--WHUE FM 100.7 AM 1150". If I remember right, WHUE
was owned by General Cinema. And of course, WXNE-TV
was owned by Pat Robertson, with "X" meaning Christ
and "NE" for New England.

Sometimes Howie Carr will refer to stations by giving
clues of sorts: he'll refer to WBCN as "the station
the has the other Howard..."

--- "Martin J. Waters" <mwaters@mail.wesleyan.edu>
 Someone