Re: NorthEast Radio Watch 8/7: So Long, Charles...

Fox said from the start that it wasn't trying to kid anyone about
the studio location(Seattle) for FSND regional sports report. They were
pretty open about it. The reason the show is coming from Seattle for now
is because Fox hasn't been able to secure a studio space
in the Detroit area but really wanted to roll out MotorCity as one of 16
of its 21 markets as part of this ambitious regional effort. Fox is spending
lots of money this summer as it's trying to ambush ESPN's SportsCenter
So, it needs every large sports market on board right now...With the
exception of weekday/weekend anchors, all FSND's reporters(2 of them),
producers, editors and camera crews are all based in Detroit....Once
the studio space is secured in Detroit, the regional reports will begin
originating from there...

-Mark