Re: Journalism Ethics

kvahey@mediaone.net writes:

<< In cases like this the line is fuzzy at best

 Should a newsperson be a "pitchperson" on their own station?  Since the
 product being sold was produced by the station.....I can live with that. >>

I agree that the line may be fuzzy, but I think they cross the line when they
ask viewers to write a check.  Station promotion is one thing, but using
journalistic credibility to ask for money crosses the line.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine