[1]RE>boston-radio-interest-digest V4 #74

Happy 4th of July Weekend!
Our offices are CLOSED.  We will re-open on Wednesday July 5th.  If this is
urgent, you may page me at 617-408-1935.  Otherwise, I'll be sure to get back to
you Wednesday.
Have a safe and fun 4th!!!

On 07/02/2000, boston-radio-interest wrote:

>boston-radio-interest-digest   Sunday, July 2 2000
>Volume 04 : Number 074
>

>Subjects in this issue:
>
>	Virginia Cha to leave WBZ 4 News July 21
>	Re:  WBOT
>	Virginia Cha to leave WBZ 4 News July 21
>	Re: WBOT
>	A Plug For The List/NERW on WCAP
>	Re: WBOT
>	Re: A Plug For The List/NERW on WCAP

>-------------------
>
>Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 13:40:48 EDT
>From: KentBrockman6@aol.com
>Subject: Virginia Cha to leave WBZ 4 News July 21
>
>http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/183/living/WBZ_an
>chor_to_depart_for_N_Y_+.sh
>tml
>
>What will this mean for WBZ? This Monday they
>introduced a 5:30 newscast with
>Ted Wayman and Sara Underwood. Could Jack Williams
>solo anchor weeknights at
>six, or do you believe he'll move to weekends?
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 13:47:19 EDT
>From: Roxtheprty@aol.com
>Subject: Re:  WBOT
>
>I think they're getting a syndicated morning show.
>The lineup was on All
>Access last week.
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 21:17:52 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Garrett Wollman <wollman>
>Subject: Virginia Cha to leave WBZ 4 News July 21
>
><<On Sat, 1 Jul 2000 13:40:48 EDT,
>KentBrockman6@aol.com said:
>
>> What will this mean for WBZ? This Monday they
>introduced a 5:30 newscast with
>Damn!  The only channel 4 anchor I actually liked,
>and she's
>leaving....
>
>- -GAWollman
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 05:43:36 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Mark <bostonradio@yahoo.com>
>Subject: Re: WBOT
>
>- --- Paul Hopfgarten <hopfgapr@sprynet.com> wrote:
>
>> Interesting follow-up.....although I realize they
>(WBOT) got a decent winter
>> book (1.2) in Boston for a brand new under 50kw
>suburban outlet, if appears
>> they may not be getting quite the traction in
>Boston Proper they'd hoped.
>
>Actually, 2.6 in 18-34.
>

>> The afternoon DJ was encouraging people to
>call...and lamented that all the
>> callers were from Brockton...he was wondering
>aloud where all the 'boys from
>> the Rox(bury) were?'
>>

>For what it's worth, at night, Lamar Robinson
>proved Chuck Dogg
>wrong. He asked the callers to name the area code
>and the town
>they were calling from. They took about 30 calls
>in a row. Most listeners were from Boston and
>surrounding
>towns -- Boston(Dorchester, JP, Roxbury, South End,
>Mattapan),
>Randolph, Milton,Braintree. There were only a
>handful
>callers from Brockton and Providence that time
>around...

> [...]

Krissy Galster
FNX Radio Network
phone:  781-595-6200 x 208