FW: ERP Question

Here is a copy of the email response I got back....

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Friedman [mailto:mikef@wrxl.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2000 7:50 AM
To: Mike Fitzpatrick
Subject: Re: ERP Question

Mike:

WRVQ does indeed broadcast at 200,000 watts.  To my knowledge, it's the 4th
most powerful licensed FM radio station in the US.(WBCT 93.7 in Grand Rapids
being
the strongest at 320,000 watts and WOOD, also in Grand Rapids being around
260,000 watts)
The transmitter output is 38,000 watts (FM BE 35) going to a 12 bay antenna
with enough
gain to achieve the 200,000 watt status.

Hope that answered your question.

Regards,
Mike Friedman
WRVQ Chief Engineer

At 10:42 PM 5/29/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Mike:
>
>I have a quick simple question. Is your station really 200kw? If it is what
>sort of Transmitter/Antenna combo are you using to put out that sort of
ERP?

>Please answer if you can.
>

>Thanks
>
>Mike Fitzpatrick
>Agawam, MA.

Mike Friedman
Chief Engineer WRXL/WRVQ
Clear Channel Broadcasting Richmond, VA.
Office:(804) 474-0181
Fax:   (804) 474-0185