Re: 1060, 96.9...

At 1:19 PM -0400 5/19/00, Marc Lemay wrote:

>I'll agree with a stronger news base on 969 might help it along...simply
>because I'm a news junkie.  (Who woulda thunk...a news junkie and a jazz
>fan - all in the same person?!?!)
>
>Believe me I'm not against a news/talker on FM by no stretch of the
>imagination...and yes I know WBUR is a news outlet...but I've always
>considered WBUR a "sophisticated" news operation...rather than the likes of
>RKO, BZ and now MEX...which seems to be "news for the common person."
>
>(OK, I'm ready to be blasted for that comment...)

Which you royally deserve <snicker>!  Are you saying that if a
newscast is "sophisticated" then it is over the head of the average
person.

Gimme a break!  Yes, there is a place for a serious news station
(such as WBUR)  and a place for a headlines, weather, and traffic
station (such as WBZ).  But to say that the serious news station is
above the level of the average person is really insulting.
--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH