Re: Radio One

In a message dated 5/17/00 4:22:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
hopfgapr@sprynet.com writes:

<< Actually, from the Providence Spring Book anyways, WBOT seems to be picking
 up some listeners in the Providence Area (Likely Taunton-Fall River-New
 Bedford)

 I'll be interested to see what WBOT does in the New Bedford book as well.

I didn't think there would be a separate New Bedford book; after all, there
are only three stations there (the two FMs and the AM).

How "small" of markets do books go down to; IIRC, New Bedford has about
100,000 population. Brockton has about 60,000 (??). Would Brockton, with
three stations, also get its own book.

In addition, it doesn't surprise me that WBOT is pulling numbers in
Providence; their signal south of the city is close enough to get into
Providence and Providence doesn't really have an urban station.

-Sean