Re: NHPR acknowledges dead air

At 10:26 PM 5/9/00 -0400, David W. Harris wrote:
>If the problem's in the STL, then it sounds to me like the other
>stations are still getting their programming off air from the Concord
>transmitter although I recall some promises a couple years ago about
>getting land lines to Hanover and Keene so they wouldn't suffer when
>Concord was off the air.

If I'm not mistaken, the microwave links to the satellite stations
originate at WEVO's transmitter site...if the first link in the chain
breaks, no one gets any audio.  The Keene signal must go thru several hops
to get there, I presume the others do, too...their studios on N. Main St.
don't give a clear shot to much other than the Hopkinton site.